To use a proxy in Telegram, follow these steps:
- Open Telegram and go to the Settings menu.
- Under Settings, tap on "Data and Storage."
- Scroll down and select "Proxy Settings."
- In the Proxy Settings, tap on the "Add Proxy" option.
- Choose the type of proxy you want to use: SOCKS5 or MTProto.
- Enter the proxy server address and port number.
- If the proxy requires authentication, provide the username and password.
- Tap on "Save" to save the proxy settings.
Once you have set up the proxy, Telegram will route all its traffic through the specified proxy server. This helps in bypassing network restrictions or accessing content that may be blocked in your region. Make sure you use a reliable proxy server to ensure secure and anonymous access to Telegram.
How to connect to a proxy server in Telegram on Linux?
To connect to a proxy server in Telegram on Linux, you need to follow these steps:
- Open Telegram and go to "Settings" by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the application.
- In the "Settings" menu, scroll down and select "Advanced Settings".
- Under the "Advanced Settings" section, select "Connection Type".
- In the "Connection Type" menu, choose the option "Use Proxy".
- A new window will appear where you can configure the proxy settings. Enter the proxy server address in the "Server" field and the corresponding port number in the "Port" field.
- Select the desired proxy type from the drop-down menu. The available options include "Socks5" and "MTProto" proxies.
- If your proxy server requires authentication, enable the "Use Proxy for Calls" option and enter your username and password in the corresponding fields.
- Once you have entered all the necessary information, click on the "Save" button to apply the proxy settings.
Telegram will now use the specified proxy server for its connections on your Linux system.
How to bypass country restrictions using a proxy in Telegram?
To bypass country restrictions using a proxy in Telegram, you can follow these steps:
- Find a reliable and trustworthy proxy server that is located in a country where Telegram is accessible. You can search for free proxy servers online or opt for a paid proxy service.
- Obtain the IP address and port number of the proxy server you have selected.
- Open the Telegram app on your device and go to the Settings menu.
- Under Settings, scroll down and select "Data and Storage."
- In the Data and Storage menu, find the section labeled "Proxy Settings" and select it.
- Enable the Proxy Settings option and click on "Add Proxy."
- Enter the IP address and port number of the proxy server you obtained earlier.
- If the proxy server requires authentication, enable the "Use Proxy Authentication" option and enter the username and password provided by the proxy server provider.
- Click on "Save" to apply the proxy settings.
- Now, your Telegram app will route its data through the proxy server, bypassing any country restrictions that may be in place.
Please note that it's important to use a reliable and trustworthy proxy server, as some proxies may pose security risks or not work reliably. Additionally, bypassing country restrictions might be against the terms of service of Telegram or the proxy server provider. Always exercise caution and use these methods responsibly and within legal boundaries.
How can I find a reliable proxy server for Telegram?
Finding a reliable proxy server for Telegram involves a few steps. Here's a possible approach:
- Look for Proxy Lists: Search for Telegram proxy server lists online. There are several websites that provide regularly updated lists of working proxy servers. Some popular websites include: proxy-list.org, hidemy.name, spys.one, etc. These lists often specify if the proxies are compatible with Telegram.
- Test Proxy Servers: Choose a few proxies from the lists and test them using online proxy testers such as proxychecker.net, whoer.net, or similar tools. These services help you determine if the proxy server is active, responsive, and can connect to Telegram.
- Check Reliability: Look for proxies that have high uptime rates and low response times. Reliable proxy servers should have a stable connection, low latency, and should not be frequently offline or inaccessible. It's recommended to check the reliability of proxies by looking for user reviews or assessing their performance over time.
- Verify Security: Ensure that the proxy server you choose doesn't log your activities or compromise your privacy. Avoid using public proxies that may be unreliable or compromised.
- Consider Paid Proxies: While free proxies may offer a quick solution, they often come with limitations or reliability issues. Consider investing in paid proxy services, as they typically offer higher reliability, better performance, and more security.
- Setup and Configuration: Once you've selected a reliable proxy server, configure Telegram to use the proxy. In Telegram's settings, go to Data and Storage > Use Proxy, and enter the proxy server details (IP address, port, username/password, if applicable). Follow the instructions specific to your device and the proxy server chosen.
Remember, using a proxy server may have legal implications depending on your location and intentions. Always make sure to use proxy servers responsibly and in compliance with the laws of your country.